27 Jul 2023
We’re looking for a WordPress & React specialist, is it you?
Who we are
For the past 10 years Project Simply has worked alongside some of the leading cultural venues and events, creating amazing brands and digital experiences. We are a leader in our field and work with brands such as Parklife and Second Home. We’re a small agency on a growth drive looking to help support the industries we love and take on projects we can be really proud of.
- £35-40k + pension + private health and dental
- Semi-remote— we work from the office twice a week (days of your choice) so someone who can travel to Manchester is a necessity.
- Flexible hours: We’re a flexible team and your work-week can be flexible to match.
- Laptop provided: Everyone on our team is provided with a laptop for continued work from a place of your choice.
- £500 home spend: Sort your screen out, your desk, a delightful keyboard, so you’re kitted out to work from home with all the right vibes
- £500 per year for personal development: Anything to do with your personal development, from event attendance, new courses, to meditation and mental health support.
This role is a dream role for a developer looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a wonderful, creative sector, making something cutting edge and special. We’re a small, enthusiastic team, growing an agency and product that we adore, for clients we love. The work we do is exciting and very creative, so you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside some of the most innovative and creatively minded businesses on the planet.
As a Mid-Level Frontend Developer, you will play a vital role in the development and maintenance of our clients’ websites. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone with strong web development skills and a passion for creating creative, exciting projects and exceptional user experiences. In addition to technical expertise, you will be expected to take ownership of retained projects and lead their monthly meetings, contribute to decision-making processes, and help mentor junior developers.
Your role will involve collaborating closely with clients, designers, and other team members to deliver high-quality work. You will also be responsible for staying up-to-date with industry trends
and technologies, continuously improving your skills, and actively participating in the growth and success of our development team.
We expect you to demonstrate creative and adventurous front end code, with a love for interactions and movement, alongside a professional approach to project management, including effective time and cost management.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll work closely with the creative teams and the Head of Design, helping them to bring their ideas to life with beautiful code, animations and movement. You’ll also:
- Collaborate closely with clients, designers, and developers to produce wonderful, modern websites
- Come up with progressive, exciting front-end experiences including unique interactions and movement
- Lead frontend development tasks and provide technical guidance to junior developers
- Participate in client meetings, gather requirements, and provide accurate project estimates
- Be aware of the latest frontend technologies and best practices, and share knowledge with the team
- Write clean, modular, and maintainable code
- Ensure the accessibility, performance, security and cross-browser compatibility of websites
- Implement responsive designs and optimize user interfaces for exceptional user experiences
- Troubleshoot and debug code to identify and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Integrate third-party APIs and services where needed. Be able to advise clients on the correct choices for their needs
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes and tools
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior developers when needed
- Effectively communicate project status, risks, and challenges to managers
- Support the testing and quality assurance processes, ensuring high standards of quality nand reliability
- Act as a technical resource for clients, providing support and guidance as needed
- Participate in team meetings, contribute to discussions, and help drive technical decision-making processes
We’d like you to have
- At least two years of working experience with the relevant technologies detailed below
- Solid understanding of responsive web design principles, accessibility guidelines, and performance optimization techniques
- Some experience with backend development, including working with the WordPress query and REST API
- Good knowledge of git / github and working on multiple branches to deliver differing features
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Solid knowledge of Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with third-party APIs, such as Mailchimp, Google Maps, etc…
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with team members and clients
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor junior developers, providing technical guidance and support
- Good problem solving skills
- Solid communication and administrative skills
If you are interested in applying for the role and joining us then contact me directly at [email protected]
No recruitment agencies please. We only want to speak to developers for now. Thanks!